Bollywood’s most prospering craftsman, Shah Rukh Khan, generally known as SRK among fans, has transformed from a newcomer to a name that echoes over the world.
Betting on his performing abilities and anxious advertising skill, SRK has ascended over all snags throughout everyday life and achieved what others could simply dream of.
Here, we are going to discover some of the most interesting facts about Shahrukh Khan.
Below Are 12 Interesting Facts About Shahrukh Khan You Did Not Know:
- Born in New Delhi, SRK used to visit often the Delhi Theatre Action Group, where he learned acting under the assistance of Theatre Director Barry John.
- Shah Rukh Khan’s primary screen look was in Lekh Tandon‘s television series Dil Dariya. However, there was a production hold up in the same. Afterward, he made his debut in the 1989 series Fauji.
- For SRK movie Deewana in 1992, he won the Filmfare Best Male Debut Award for his character as a man who loved a widow.
- Through SRK, Bollywood movie directors like Yash Chopra as well as Abbas-Mastan introduced a new trend of the ‘anti-hero’ into the film industry. In movies, Baazigar Darr and Anjaam, Shah Rukh acted in negative roles furthermore received enormous admiration for them.
- Shah Rukh selected the character of Sunil in Kundan Shah’s comedy-drama Kabhi Haa Kabhi Naa as his favorite role among his all movies.
- The longest-running movie in Bollywood and the utmost blockbuster of all times, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge in 1995, starred SRK along with Kajol as the lead pair. So far, the movie has grossed about 1.2 billion dollars worldwide.
- SRK is the co-owner of KKR, i.e. Kolkata Knight Riders, a cricket squad in the IPL. Owing to his influence on the people, West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee accredited SRK to be the brand ambassador of the state. His lineup has to triumph the T20 game twice, in 2012 plus 2014
- SRK is said to have acquired more international honors than most of the actors in India. He also gained the degree of Doctor Honoris Causa from the University Chancellor, Princess Royal in Edinburgh. He is the leading Indian actor to attain this.
- As a philanthropist, SRK intensely connected with the charity. He adopted about five villages in the year 2009 plus 12 villages in 2012. He has held concerts to hoist money for those affected by earthquakes.
- The UNPOS, i.e. United Nations Office for Project Services chosen him as the initial global ambassador of the Water Supply as well as Sanitation Collaborative Council.
- In 2011, SRK received the UNESCO’s Pyramide con Marni honor for his charitable pledge to offer education for children, becoming the primary Indian to prevail the accolade. He was granted the Padma Shri in 2005 by the Government of India. He has also received two significant awards from France also.
- In 1997, Shah Rukh Khan was awarded Best Indian Citizen Award by the government of India.
- In 2004, he was awarded the British Asian Guild Award for Best Actor of the Decade.